Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm aims to provide better financial products to improve the lives of consumers. We need an exceptional program manager to scale our Repayment operations, support our growing business and adapt the servicing operating model based on the new or differentiated products. The ideal candidate will have strong intuition for business and judgment with the ability to lead cross functional programs/projects, build new processes, drive continuous improvements and implement technology to support new businesses, vendors and partners.
This role requires a strong background in project and process management to plan and implement complex operational expansion programs. In addition to that, a strong candidate will need to be proficient in financial services, repayment, collections, and recoveries!
What You’ll Do:
- Build and drive a highly complex, highly strategic Repayment Operations roadmap with Risk Operations, Product, Engineering, Credit, and vendor partners in close collaboration with Operation leadership
- Build project scope, schedule and budget plans and lead the team projects execution
- Identify project stakeholders, managing expectations through the project lifecycle
- Partner with cross-functional project leads and managers to coordinate planning and oversee dependencies to successfully operationalize programs
- Lead post-launch monitoring and ensure that the new products/merchants servicing cost and unit economics are within the expectation or in parity with the existing product lines
- Drive project governance framework such as Working Groups, Steering Committees etc to drive issue resolution and decision making
- Develop a communications plan setting out who is going to receive messages about the project, when and in what format.
- Project Risk, Issues, Actions & Dependencies including the processes for logging and tracking.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Economics, a similar degree or equivalent practical experience
- Prior project management experience (PMP preferred)
- Process management experience (lean six sigma black belt preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of risk operations(fraud operation, collections and recoveries), processes and systems including key metrics
- Experience in services, operations and/or sales
- Prior experience in consumer lending or financial services a plus
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Excellent teammate who is highly self-motivated, detailed-oriented, and enjoys learning new things
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is significant, clarifying next steps and prioritizing work effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Ability to make discretionary decisions based on research, with certain degree of creativity and latitude
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA29
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.