Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our Quantitative Markets team. The Quantitative Markets team is responsible for structuring and pricing Affirm’s debt funding deals, developing platforms and tools for optimizing funding strategies, and building data-driven models to analyze and predict the performance of Affirm’s consumer loans. The ideal candidate has a strong technical skill to develop and implement quantitative and/or machine learning models.
What you'll do
- Advance Affirm’s asset-liability management model through machine learning and/or other quantitative techniques to help inform optimal funding strategies
- Develop automation tools and optimize models to create operating leverage for the team and the business
- Build data-driven models to analyze and predict the performance of Affirm’s consumer loans
- Partner cross-functionally with our Treasury, Capital Markets, Risk, Commercial, Product and Engineering teams to evaluate funding, product, and business decisions
What we look for
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in technical areas (e.g. data science, data analytics, quantitative finance).
- Strong data-manipulation and model development and implementation skills using tools such as Python/R
- Experience building quantitative models or implementing machine learning models is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Desire to understand the broader context of business decisions
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA28
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.