Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm continues to evolve our large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant global infrastructure. We pride ourselves on constantly innovating while keeping the business running 24/7. Demonstrating our culture of constantly learning, we implement large-scale changes based on sound tech specs, constant feedback from our shareholders, and learning from our mistakes in a blameless manner.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who’s passionate about building user-centric infrastructure frameworks to orchestrate services & systems automation at scale. We work closely with Product/Platform Engineering teams and find ways to automate and tackle complex challenges across multiple groups within Affirm. We enable Affirm to move quickly on new feature development and encourage new technology adoption.
Our core is building an orchestration engine streamlining microservices spin up, maintaining service catalogs, developing infra toolings for our internal customers, and having fun!
Your work is the foundation on which all of Affirm's code runs on.
What you'll do
- Design a great user experience for engineers using our infrastructure & platform-tools
- Work directly with engineers, understand their difficulties, and help architect solutions
- Build next-gen service & system orchestration engine
- Help modernize our application deployment tech stack
- Partner with engineering teams and define technical roadmaps
What we look for
- 5 + years of industry experience in software development in at least one modern programming language, such as Python, Kotlin, or Golang
- Hands-on experience developing frameworks and developer tools, as well as fixing bugs in those frameworks
- Hands-on experience with writing libraries
- Experience with Bash and Linux
- Experience with cloud services like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with CI/CD service experiences, such as CircleCI, TravisCI, or Buildkite is a plus
- Kubernetes experience is a plus
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.