Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm’s vision is to deliver honest financial products that improve lives. In the US now, Affirm now covers half of all ecommerce volume and has access to nearly all buyers. Our mission, as part of the Merchant, Partner and Platform Engineering (MPPE) team, is to grow Affirm’s revenue by helping Merchants and Partners acquire and retain valued customers with industry leading, innovative Buy Now Pay Later POS checkout experiences. We are just getting started. Come be a part of a team shaping the future!
In this role as a Senior Engineering Manager, Software Engineering you will be responsible for leading the implementation of client experiences for our Partner Interfaces team that focus on our large strategic Platform partners such Shopify and Stripe. You will be developing, best in industry frictionless checkout experiences and conversion and scaling integration of our partners into new global markets. The ideal candidate will be passionate about collaborating with Product Managers and stakeholders to foster a culture of innovation, diligent in planning with cross functional teams and unafraid to roll up their sleeves with engineers to achieve technical excellence with a proven track record of delivering results.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with Product managers, cross functional engineering teams, designers and analysts to define product roadmap and execute on plan to build practical technology capabilities needed to realize the vision. Drive clarity from ambiguity to aid faster decisions grounded on principles.
- Drive sprint planning, resource allocations, trade-offs and prioritization conversations with business and technical stakeholders to define epics in Jira and manage the quality of deliverables all the way to production.
- Develop and measure Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to improve KPIs for product performance, platform resilience and time to market.
- Participate in quarterly planning and work closely with peers and teams to remove impediments, articulate tradeoffs and garner resources
- Build the best team - Grow globally minded teams by attracting and hiring diverse talent and build a strong leadership bench. Provide tailored coaching, feedback and mentoring for Engineers and inspire a team of full stack engineers.
- Demonstrate humility to admit mistakes and grow from failures and build a culture of continuous improvement.
What we look for
- 8-10+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 4+ years as an engineering manager
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software
- Demonstrated experience in building and scaling platforms and distributed systems that require high availability, resilience and meeting stringent SLO objectives is required.
- Ability to leverage tools such as Jira, Coda/Confluence, Github workflows, Kibana and Snowflake to gather data for informed decision making is required
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with Fintech, Retail industries for both B2C and B2B (merchants/affiliates), marketing and personalization capabilities is desirable
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - 32
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.