Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Ledger Engineering team enables rapid financial product innovation by providing an audit-grade ledger platform that ties ambitious company growth to a highly regulated industry's real-world accounting controls. We are passionate about building robust, fault-tolerant, highly scalable systems that enable us to be on-time and precisely accurate in every financial interaction we have.
Ledger Engineering works with our Accounting stakeholders to support everything from closing our monthly books to annual audits. We bridge the technical gap between data, strategy, and the rigorous level of accounting detail required to operate a publicly-traded company. Outside of accounting, we partner with the Capital Markets team to help open our business to investors who require a similar forensic level of reporting.
What You'll Do
- Architect ledger platform features to execute our progressive financial strategy.
- Enhance the current ledger system’s extensibility for rapid global deployment, scaling, and expansion.
- Develop robust, well-instrumented data pipelines that can scale to handle Affirm's future growth and adhere to strict SLAs.
- Partner cross-functionally with product and business teams such as Accounting, Capital Markets, and Treasury to understand requirements and translate them into scalable and robust solutions.
What We Look For
- Passion for developing other engineers through direct mentorship, code review, pairing, group learning sessions, and effective task delegation.
- A business impact-driven pragmatic approach to delivering projects on-time, safely through well-scoped, phased deployments.
- Proven architectural design skills for building highly scalable online/offline data-driven systems.
- Focus on building strong relationships with stakeholders through collaborative problem solving, and translation of requirements into future-facing solutions.
- Financial engineering experience – Accounting, Capital Markets, Trading, Treasury Systems.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.