Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We care about the skill set you have, but more importantly, we care about the kind of person you are, the culture, and the attitude you bring to the table. We are looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our Test Engineering team, which is responsible for designing and supporting test tools, along with leading an integrated test program above the unit test level. This team is involved in sourcing frameworks, training, creating tutorials, running a center of excellence, and implementing/leading the Returnly@Affirm test strategy including the transition to Continuous Delivery.
We are experiencing explosive growth for our core products, which leads to continuous change in our software platform. With ambitious uptime targets and continuous availability as a platform over the internet, Affirm products are expected to “just work.” The total engineering effort to accomplish that includes DevOps, infrastructure, configuration flags, continuous monitoring, and a great deal of testing on many levels. Meanwhile, you will also be part of accelerating the growth of the company by designing test strategies to launch new products.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What you'll do:
- Join a team of Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) and Software Engineers - fully qualified programmers who will work on frameworks and developer enablement, teaching, supporting, growing, and working on Returnly@Affirm’s internal software testing effort.
- Design, document, and lead test strategy from unit tests to end-to-end.
- Identify gaps in coverage, test skills, tools, incentives, and expectations, then work to resolve those gaps.
- Contribute to, if not lead the company’s performance, security, accessibility, and internationalization test strategy.
- Support other engineering groups with test excellence - enable faster delivery and self-service instead of building a bottleneck.
- Help Returnly@Affirm scale testing as the company scales its growth, without sacrificing quality, speed of delivery, speed of feedback, or depth of coverage. Improve risk/effort ratio of testing over time using empirical data.
- Model testing as one piece of the quality puzzle, as part of a collaborative group that uses other common DevOps and Agile techniques.
- Collaborate as a part of the Developer Productivity group to build and optimize the Continuous Integration and Delivery Pipelines.
What we look for:
- Drive to change software testing and delivery for the better.
- Demonstrated experience in a test engineering and/or DevOps organization.
- Technical competence. We are looking for engineers who do software testing and help others do it. An operational understanding of DevOps, SaaS, Docker, Git, CI/CD, and Kubernetes will be relevant, along with technical fluency in Service-Oriented Architectures and SOA and API testing.
- Progressive responsibility within DevOps, specifically testing, over the past 2+ years, with a preference for test enablement than testing as a managed service.
- Prior experience testing, architecting, building, launching, and maintaining complex products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
Location - Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.