Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Billing Engineering team increases Affirm’s profitability and repayment rates through billing and collection systems innovation. This team is responsible for the repayment and billing experience for customers. We launch features to deliver world-class repayment experiences to Affirm’s customers. This team plays a critical role in supporting the explosive growth of Affirm. We focus on providing robust, fault-tolerant, and highly scalable services.
What You'll Do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Consistently generate simple and sophisticated designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and used by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Significantly affect Affirm’s top-line growth by bringing new financial products from inception to market fit and beyond.
- Actively participate in making your team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What We Look For
- 5+ years proven experience as a software engineer
- Ability to synthesize complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software
- Ability to collaborate with your team in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.