Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a company that underwrites and services loans, we are extremely attentive to fraud prevention. We will not be successful unless we maintain and scale out our exceptional fraud monitoring and deterrence processes, keeping would-be fraudsters at bay.
What you'll do
- Research unauthorized loan claims to ensure accurate and appropriate responses to our customers
- Investigate and review FCRA disputes received from credit reporting agencies
- Review chargebacks and compile evidence for the process of representment
- Regularly review suspicious account activities, spot trends and identify links to deter fraud attacks
- Work collaboratively with our Back Office team to resolve incoming customer complaints
- Influence development of risk models and review procedures
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed
What we look for
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- 1-3+ years of queue based fraud investigation work. Level commensurate with experience.
- A keen eye for detecting and deterring fraud and risk
- Experience with investigation tools such as: TLO, LexisNexis, Emailage, Ekata, Pipl, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of SQL and some programming language preferred
- SQL/Snowflake experience is a plus
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.