Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Membership team’s mission is to provide consistent, reliable, and extensible interfaces for managing Affirm user accounts and for dependent services to read and write user data.
This team is core to helping Affirm scale by owning our Members Service, a foundational building block for defining, retrieving, and persisting user data from across all of Affirm’s products and services. Our team is growing and looking for a software engineer to help build a unified platform for our millions of users accounts. Come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement large scale services, elegant abstractions, and robust APIs
- Work with product and internal partners to extend our identity decisioning service
- Write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others
- Participate in our team’s on-call rotation to communicate, escalate, and fix critical issues
- Collaborate with our Compliance team to identify, remediate, and prevent issues & risk
- Participate in making our team and workplace an inclusive environment
What We Look For
- 2+ years of software engineering experience shipping production quality code
- Proven CS fundamentals and fluency in a dynamically typed language
- Prior experience building and launching complex software systems
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better!
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.