Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re building a one-of-a-kind shopping marketplace in the Affirm app - bringing together consumers and merchants with unbeatable offers and honest credit! Via our Marketplace API, we’re looking to give non-traditional partners the ability to offer their customers the spending power they need to buy the things they love.
The Marketplace team at Affirm is looking for an entrepreneurial candidate to assist in our nascent Marketplace API efforts and help build and scale this business line! This role will be part of a small team responsible for working directly with Marketplace API partners while simultaneously creating a growth strategy. The ideal candidate brings an analytical and technically curious mindset to a role that requires navigating ambiguity. This candidate is passionate about taking things from “zero to one.”
What you'll do
- Work to grow our earliest Marketplace API partners, and write the playbook while doing so. The playbook created will help Affirm scale this initiative.
- Use data to drive insights and identify creative solutions. If you don’t know SQL, we’ll teach you.
- Join sales calls, serving as a subject matter expert on the Marketplace API
- Collaborate closely with Product to evolve our novel API solution
What we look for
- A technically curious, entrepreneurial candidate with plenty of grit, analytical prowess, creative thinking, and initiative.
- 4+ years of partnerships, business development, solution selling, management consulting, investment banking, or strategic operations with a digital product
- Someone who has started, or tried to start, something (business, non-profit, etc)
- Familiar with e-commerce and online marketing
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships both internally and with senior decision-makers
- Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, and navigates ambiguity with grace
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.