Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Are you passionate about scalable systems, automation frameworks, high traffic production infrastructure and security? Do you enjoy having engineering teams as your customers? Do you enjoy building teams and seeing your teammates excel in complex and varied technical and business domain areas?
On the Infrastructure and Operations team (part of Affirm’s Platform and Infrastructure Engineering team), you will find a unique opportunity to leverage your leadership skills, while continuing to be technical and responsible for the design and long term roadmap for architecting, securing, maintaining, automating and operationalizing systems that form the fundamental infrastructure building blocks for the Platform, Frameworks, Security and Product Engineering teams at Affirm.
You will help us build easy-to-use, automated, secure, reliable and observable systems as well as processes that allow other Affirm engineering teams to efficiently use our infrastructure to launch, operate and deliver high quality consumer products and services spanning multiple merchants, b2c ecosystems, partners and vendors across the globe. Building systems to solve such business and resiliency requirements is challenging, but exciting. Our consistency, compliance, regulatory and security requirements add to this challenge. These kinds of problems fascinate us and we are looking for talented and passionate leaders like yourself to join us.
What You'll Do
- Build, grow and manage an inclusive, diverse and distributed team of talented engineers responsible for building infrastructure frameworks, systems and tools to enable new global Affirm products that scale over millions of users and their transactions and secure data.
- Provide technical leadership in defining and owning the roadmap for a team which has other Platform, frameworks, product engineering and security teams as it’s stakeholders.
- Lead by example, care for your team and establish credibility with the quality of your team's technical execution.
- Work cross functionally with multiple engineering leads, technical program managers and product managers on security, tools, architecture, planning and delivery of multiple concurrent projects.
- Provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team members, develop talent, mentor engineers, recruit and represent Affirm’s hiring brand.
What We Look For
- Solid leadership and communication skills and driving inclusive discussions.
- Good experience in attracting, growing and retaining top engineering talent.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a deep interest in helping other teams solve technical challenges by aligning strategic roadmaps where necessary
- Experience working with one or more engineering teams as a customer is a plus
- Extensive experience using CI/CD as well as Infrastructure as Code to deploy and manage infrastructure that runs cloud-based services using Python, JVM-Based languages and AWS infrastructure.
- In-depth, hands-on experience building platforms at scale for containerized workloads, particularly leveraging Kubernetes, including cluster provisioning, operations, and workflow orchestration.
- Experience with AWS is mandatory. Experience with Azure/GCP and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- Experience in using OpenSource software to build technology solutions.
- Strong expertise with infrastructure scaling, operations, system internals, file-systems, security, network, concurrency frameworks and container orchestration systems is a plus.
- Unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
- You obsess about keeping costs low while building your team and products.
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 29,058 - 34,867 PLN
- New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 200,000 PLN as a sign-on bonus.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.