Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
That goal infuses every part of what we do, from the moment a user sees Affirm for the first time all the way through to their final payment. As Affirm grows, we are diversifying our financial product portfolio and providing more ways for users to interact with Affirm. As the Director of Product for our Fraud, Trust and Safety, Membership and Identity teams, you’ll focus on developing a single view of each customer and the various products and services they use. You’ll lead a team of PMs while also driving the vision and strategy for the area. You’ll build features and platforms that make it seamless and easy for customers to deepen their engagement with Affirm, feeding into a holistic member journey.
You’ll be a passionate voice for the user for the Trust and Safety org, and you’ll bring that perspective to the entire product organization (and the rest of the company). We're looking for someone who is data driven, and quantitative, but you’ll also have the intuition to know how to move ahead when numbers don’t tell the whole story. Most importantly, we need someone with a deep customer empathy, balanced with a laser focus on delivering the right functionality to serve those needs!
This role reports to the Senior Director of Product who oversees our Foundations Product Teams.
What You'll Do
- With your team, you’ll own the fraud, authentication, identity and membership roadmaps, collaborating with key team members to set long term objectives, critical metrics and closely track progress against the team’s goals.
- Build configurable systems and platforms that allow us to identify users seamlessly with minimal friction, and at the same time increase account security
- Innovate on our tooling systems to fight fraud and unlock new loan volume
- You'll collaborate with Fraud Risk, Machine Learning, Customer Operations, Engineering, and our product teams to keep our users and merchants safe.
- This is a critical and highly strategic role on the Foundations product team.
What We Look For
- 10+ years of product management experience and having directly led teams (ideally 4+ years of management experience)
- Proficiency with one or more of the following - trust and safety, fraud, identity or payments at scale
- A passion for financial products and improving people’s financial lives
- Experience balancing competing needs in a platform, striking the right balance between flexibility and consistency, and comfortable communicating prioritization
- Track record of successfully launching and growing products at scale
- Ability to balance outstanding user insight with high analytical difficulty
- Lead, mentor and develop a growing team of product managers
- Experience working in fintech, on a consumer finance product, or marketplace business
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.