Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Consumer Business team is on a mission to expand the Affirm financial product suite. We’re looking for a new team member to help launch a first-of-its-kind financial product which will revolutionize consumer spend! As a Consumer Business Manager, you’ll use your analytical rigor, business acumen, and strategic problem solving skills to own the growth and go-to-market strategy of high-impact initiatives to scale Affirm’s newest business line! This role is ideal for someone who is innovative, hard-working, and thrives in cross-functional environments.
You’ll be joining the Consumer Business team during an exciting, high growth stage, presenting a unique opportunity for development and collaboration with a dynamic group.
What you’ll do
- Craft and operationalize distribution strategies to launch and scale a new financial product into the market
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, and provide guidance to cross-functional partners on growth opportunities
- Work with product and partnership teams to qualify and size differentiating features to directly influence cross-functional roadmaps
- Manage business line performance against economic and topline goals; make useful recommendations through data-driven insights in order to accelerate performance
- Become a subject matter expert in consumer adoption and provide insights into our target audiences
- Maintain a strong understanding of our evolving consumer financial product suite to cohesively engage consumers throughout our ecosystem
- Drive cross-functional alignment on business cases and go-to-market approach while balancing multiple objectives
What We Look For
- 6 - 10 years of experience in business strategy, consulting, or strategy & analytics roles. Experience with card products and card portfolios strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency in analytical tools like SQL and Excel/Sheets required; Python experience a plus
- Collaborative and outgoing team player excited to work cross-functionally and build relationships
- Ability to operationalize recommendations through tight collaboration with Product managers and Analytics teams
- Experience with consumer financial products, banking, or fintech is a big plus
- Tools: SQL, Excel, Python (preferred but not required), Google product suite, GitHub, Project Management tools (ex: Asana), Business Intelligence visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Financial modeling, A/B testing framework, statistical analysis
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.