Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s Customer Advocacy and Retention (CAR) team sits within Customer Operations and houses our customer complaint gurus. When customers share their challenging experiences with Affirm, Affirm has invaluable insight into the breaking points of our products, processes, or policies. As we learn from and champion our customers, we use their voices to improve customer experience, deliver fair outcomes and repair relationships.
As a Customer Advocacy Associate, you'll be empowered to use exceptional empathy and product expertise to solve highly complex complaints. The team facilitates communication and coordination among cross functional partners to identify the root causes and validity of the complaint, and uses a compliance and risk-based mentality to evaluate options to remedy the issues and determine the appropriate solutions to drive resolution. Your job is not only to help customers with the issues they encounter, but to help us learn as a company from each interaction, so we can make using our products as seamless as possible. See an opportunity to improve customer trust or our team's operations at scale? You'll drive this as the Voice of the Customer.
What You'll Do
- Solve customer issues efficiently, effectively, and empathetically
- Communicate with customers using email, and when appropriate, phone
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive resolution of customer issues
- Engage with cross functional partners (Compliance, Legal, Risk, Product, Communications, etc.) to spearhead remediation of thematic problems
- Improve our resources and tools available for our customers to enable customer education and streamline service
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve procedures, processes, or tooling and lead project workstreams
- Become a subject matter expert on current and emerging products as well as consumer finance policies and servicing processes, and regulatory requirements
What We Look For
- 1-2 years experience in operations, customer support, social media management, communications or related fields
- Exceptional communication and writing skills with attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- An eagerness to think creatively both in terms of solutions to complex complaints and process improvement
- Resiliency with ability to bounce back from challenging interactions and manage through complexity and uncertainty
- Strong customer empathy and service level focus
- Ability to think proactively and constantly seek improvement opportunities in work
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and be sensitive to others
- Bachelor's Degree a plus
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.