Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for thoughtful, driven professionals to join our new team. The Operations Strategy & Analytics team is responsible for using data driven insights to drive overall servicing strategy across contact channels, customer segmentation, product roadmaps, and technology investments. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organization and with external partners to drive forward recommendations.
What you'll do
- Build cross-functional relationships and partner with our Product, Engineering, and Risk teams to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness, and build out the next generation of servicing
- Own the roadmap to deliver scalable and robust data infrastructure and BI capabilities across all of operations
- Use technology to reliably and efficiently automate processes and tasks
- Empower the operations organization to be able to access and drive business insights
- Maintain and build out a robust knowledge base and source of truth for all data and metrics
- Apply creative approaches and prototype predictive modeling and segmentation solutions
- Be the technical leader across operations
- Maintain a solid understanding of our evolving data warehouse and provide technical mentorship across all of operations
What we look for
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- 5+ years of experience in an analytically-focused role (analytics, consulting, finance, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and experience with Python or R
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to lead multi-functionally, and influence external parties
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Ability to communicate and influence both technical and non-technical audiences
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Humility and standout colleague - you go out of your way to help teammates
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.