Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager is responsible for identifying and executing new partnerships to help us expand distribution and grow our merchant and consumer networks exponentially, focusing primarily on partnerships with some of the largest technology platforms in the world. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience negotiating partnerships and working cross-functionally to identify, structure and execute Affirm’s most strategic deals, as well as deep payments expertise. We value experience, intelligence, creativity and strategic thinking in addition to all of the traits necessary to represent Affirm in the payments and FinTech ecosystem.
What you'll do
- Lead, negotiate and launch sophisticated, enterprise-level partnerships essential to exponentially increase Affirm distribution and ubiquity with consumers.
- Identify new business development opportunities with large technology platforms like Apple, Google, Facebook and Amazon.
- Work cross-functionally to align key internal and external partners including legal and compliance, customer operations, marketing, sales, product and engineering, and executive leadership.
- Create and develop relationships with leaders and innovators in commerce, payments and FinTech, with a primary focus on large technology platforms like Apple, Google, Facebook and Amazon.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to influence roadmap development.
What we look for
- 9+ years of work experience
- 6+ years in Strategic Partnerships, Business Development, Product or related fields
- Deep familiarity with the payments and digital wallet landscape, particularly with expertise in issuing and tokenization of card credentials
- Proven ability to build C-suite relationships and navigate complex, external organizations to identify internal champions and to influence decision makers
- Strong negotiation skills, with an emphasis on driving partner value
- Excellent contract review and management skills
- Strong collaborator who can build relationships across the organization
- Strong product orientation with the ability and desire to get in the weeds internally and externally
- Ability to context switch and ramp up quickly on new topics
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.