Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s Training team sits within our Operational Excellence space and is responsible for developing training materials and facilitating training. In addition, the training team applies their subject matter expertise to assist in cross functional projects. As a key member of our Training team, you will be responsible for the design & development of online training, Learning Management System (LMS) administration and reporting for our Customer Care and Operations teams.
Our Operations team is growing rapidly with a network of outsourced providers and internal teams that need a top rate training culture that can keep up. The training experience includes onboarding of new employees, building knowledge in our procedures and product experience, educating on key regulations, compliance and soft skills by using various learning mediums and methods. The training team has the critical role of continuously improving the knowledge of Affirm’s customer & merchant facing teams and is directly responsible for how these teams learn, retain, and access information.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop course content, provide eLearning guidance, consultative services, and liaison with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop course specifications
- Partner with Instructional Design (ID) to manage design/build documents and templates around highly engaging and interactive eLearning that meets company standards and learner needs
- Manage a Learning Management System (LMS) and establish design standards completion records and reporting
- Create and manage reporting mechanisms to track compliance, learning objectives and key metrics.
- Educate and mentor peers on the use of a LMS and course authoring tools
- Demonstrate expertise across all fields to deliver high value, on-demand training
- Use innovative techniques and creative delivery mechanisms to reach a dispersed, global field organization and adopt new technologies as they arrive
- Develop and prepare presentation materials; write, direct, edit videos and voice overs
What We Look For
- Possess a strong portfolio of e-learning and/or video work with instructional design examples that showcase strength in visual and graphic design (please submit with your application)
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience (Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Learning Design, Learning Development, Adult Learning)
- 3+ years of progressive experience in instructional design and online course development or an equivalent role
- Prior experience working in a complex operational or customer support organization preferred and financial experience a plus
- Hands-on experience with a variety of eLearning authoring tools required: Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, Vyond, Storyline and Lessonly Video/Multimedia production and editing experience
- Experience with LMS Administration
- SCORM/AICC/xAPI experience preferred
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including training content development and presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form successful relationships and collaborate with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Proactive thinking, constantly seeking improvement opportunities in work and the ability to simplify complex information
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with constant change and a rapidly growing team
- Willing to travel up to 10% (once it is safe to resume travel)
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.