Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The General Ledger team is a growing sub-team within the Accounting department, responsible for core day-to-day accounting. Working alongside Accounting Operations and Financial Reporting, we ensure all business transactions are recorded accurately and timely, for ultimate reporting to management and investors. The Sr. Accountant is a key player on our team, helping us to move faster and smarter as we grow. As we move towards becoming a public company, we have lots to learn and lots to build, and we hope you’ll join us during this exciting phase!
What you'll do
- You will prepare workpapers, journal entries, and reconciliations for key accounts related to revenue, partnership arrangements, and loan originations and servicing
- You will coordinate regularly with adjacent sub-teams such as Accounting Operations (AP/AR) and Financial Reporting on reporting, analysis, and process improvements
- You will conduct flux analyses on your accounts and assist the Strategic Finance group in understanding financial impacts
- You will help author procedural documentation and work to improve daily, monthly, and quarterly processes
- You will collaborate with other team members to analyze new contracts, products, and relationships to incorporate them into the GL
What we look for
- You have 3+ years experience in accounting and/or finance, including 2+ years audit experience at a reputable public accounting firm and/or a CPA license
- You have recent experience in general ledger accounting at the Sr. Accountant level, or can demonstrate equivalent operational accounting abilities
- You are adaptable and will enjoy working on a rapidly growing team
- You are curious and love to find new ways of understanding problems or improving processes
- You demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills and can communicate your thinking clearly
Location - Remote U.S.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.