Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to lead our Strategic Finance (FP&A) function. You will have a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across the whole organization. Strategic Finance is responsible for owning the company’s budget and financial planning processes, performing financial analyses across the company, providing financial guidance for business partners to effectively invest, maximizing impact of spend in our largest cost centers and investing strategically to accelerate our business. The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintain our financial model and forecasts to guide Affirm’s long term financial strength by advising on growth, hiring, spending and strategic projects
- Oversee loan volume forecasting, compensation planning and driving growth opportunities both in lending and new products
- Drive annual and quarterly financial planning processes to align with current Technology and Commercial roadmaps
- Provide budget guidance to senior executives to ensure Affirm is investing in the right areas
- Develop key metrics to support hiring, scale and profitability goals
- Manage a lean, high performance team that works cross functionally throughout the company
- Develop programs and processes for tracking managing budgets with senior division leaders
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or corporate finance.
- Prior FP&A experience at a later stage private or public company.
- Prior experience operating in a highly regulated industry.
- Understanding of a lending P&L and debt capital markets.
- A skilled manager who enjoys mentoring and growing their team.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with senior leadership and board members
Location - Remote Canada
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.