Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to build and lead the Savings team in Poland, evolving one of the first major expansions of Affirm’s product offerings. Come join this backend engineering team as we scale the product and build out the features that make our offering uniquely compelling for Affirm’s customers.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What you’ll do:
- Lead, mentor and grow a backend engineering team responsible for a major product offering.
- Collaborate with engineering teams, product managers, and other cross-functional partners to deliver high quality and robust services.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team.
- Meaningfully affect Affirm’s growth by bringing new financial products from conception to market to market fit and beyond.
What we look for:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 2+ years as an engineering manager.
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better.
- Fluency in backend development. Experience developing and scaling production systems in a service oriented architecture.
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Track record of hiring, mentoring, coaching, and developing diverse engineering talent.
- Comfortability with ambiguity and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Prior experience working with partner teams in different offices is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 23,241 - 34,866 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food, lifestyle and family planning
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.