Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for an intelligent, driven professional to join the Quantitative Research team. Quantitative Research collaborates with Credit, Merchant Pricing, Machine Learning, Computational Finance, and Capital Markets teams at Affirm to resolve complex, quantitative challenges facing these teams as well as drive innovation through independent research. As a member of QR, you will have the opportunity to develop and implement novel methods for estimating and optimizing our business economics.
What you'll do
- Architect, build, refine, and increase automation of research infrastructure for estimating the performance of outstanding loan portfolio and simulation framework for future loan originations
- Build algorithms to optimize consumer conversion rate subject to economic constraints
- Refine analytical framework for model monitoring and reporting with the Computational Finance team
- Collaborate with analytics teams to build models and deliver analyses across the firm
- Review model implementation, focusing on requirement verification and code quality and conducting code review for team members
What we look for
- Ability to draw analytical approaches from other fields and apply them in context
- 2-4 years of professional experience conducting quantitative analyses or building machine learning infrastructure
- Expertise in linear and non-linear optimization (local/global) approaches and customizing optimization algorithms
- Familiarity with statistics and machine learning techniques; experience with distributed computing platforms a plus
- Ability to tailor analysis to meet complex business considerations and functional needs
- Proficiency in developing strong, positive relationships and collaborating cross-functionally
- Desire to understand analytical models in the context of business decisions
- Undergraduate, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Operations Research or other quantitative field
- Existing GitHub presence a plus
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a bank
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.