Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for intelligent and experienced data driven professionals to join our Operations Planning & Analytics team! This team is responsible for leveraging data driven insights to drive overall servicing strategy across contact channels, customer segmentation, product roadmaps, and technology investments. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, forecasting experience, innate leadership abilities, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organization and with external partners to drive forward forecast recommendations.
What you'll do
- Use historical data and analyze market, product and customer trends to create long-range / short-range forecasts for Customer Operations teams (in-house & outsourced)
- Execute planning and forecasting initiatives
- Develop and maintain advanced forecasting models for key business metrics informing utilization of labor and staffing levels across in-house and outsourced teams using current trends and historical data
- Recommends and utilizes quantitative analytical approaches to drive optimal forecast and headcount plans.
- Reports, communicates, and presents forecast plans and recommendations to management / leadership in a timely manner while defending recommendations with sound models and logic.
- Partner with Workforce Management, Customer Operations, Vendor Management, Finance, and Product Operations to ingest company wide implications for new products, merchant launches and marketing initiatives, translating that data into Ops model impacts.
- Lead forecast and resource planning meetings internally and externally with FP&A, Product and Merchant Success managers, Customer Ops teams, and Vendor sites, reviewing recommended staffing forecasts and goals.
- Create complex and comprehensive reports to manage and monitor forecast accuracy driving insights to continuously improve forecast models and planning strategies.
What we look for
- 5+ years of experience in an analytically-driven role (analytics, finance, operations) with emphasis on forecasting
- Working knowledge of forecasting processes in contact center or other operations environments.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL / Snowflake and Looker dashboards
- Experience doing ad hoc analysis using Jupyter notebooks in Python or R environment is preferred
- Experience with Anaplan forecasting tool is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Challenge the status quo, champion change, and influence others to change.
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.