Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a data driven organization, we focus on automating decisions around a host of areas such as underwriting, fraud, capital markets, pricing (for merchants and consumers), and personalization. To achieve our ambitious goals for these areas, we’re looking for a Lead Product Manager to join our Product Team. This role will empower our teams to build delightful and magical user experiences through seamless automated decisioning powered by machine learning!
This product manager will be responsible for setting product strategies around our key product areas of consumer credit, underwriting, and loan economics which form the foundation of all end user experiences in the US and globally. This role reports to the Group Product Manager for ML and Risk, which consists of ML, Credit, Pricing, and Merchant Risk.
What You'll Do
- Create new credit products that maximize the value we provide to our consumers
- Drive product roadmap and own prioritization process for ML and Credit
- Define the success metrics, OKRs and SLAs by partnering with cross functional leaders
- Work closely with all product teams, business, ops, and executive partners to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of credit products powered by data
- Use data-driven experimentation and measurement frameworks to track product success or lack of thereof
What We Look For
- 5+ years experience in Product Management
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a diverse stakeholder audience
- Comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Deep understanding of software development for machine-learned products and platform services
- Familiarity with a highly regulated industry
- Familiarity with a machine learning model lifecycle from ideation to deployment
- A thorough understanding of how to apply algorithms
- Ability to champion the use of data to drive automated decisions online
- Key knowledge around experimentation
- Experience in platform and service oriented architectures to build for scale
Location - Remote U.S.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.