Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Growth Engineering team at Affirm is looking for a Senior Engineer who can help us define and execute a variety of growth infrastructure and experimentation projects!
Our team is responsible for driving user growth by improving our product, user experiences, and Affirm’s underlying technologies! We do this through a broad variety of projects in close collaboration with Affirm’s product, marketing, and other engineering teams.
This role may be a strong fit for someone who is looking for a challenge and to be part of an integral and new function at Affirm.We are looking for someone who has broad interests, cares foremost about solving business problems, and is experiment- and data-driven.
What You’ll Do
- Closely collaborate with product, marketing, and engineering teams to identify and plan projects
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, and estimation, in addition to task break-downs, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others
What We Look For
- 4+ years of software engineering experience shipping production-quality code
- Interest in broad sets of technology and business areas
- A broad technical skillset
- An ability to understand complex business problems and design high-quality technical solutions
- Tight-knit collaboration and communication abilities
- A humble team-player who places the needs of others first and participates in the development of peers on the team
- Preferred, but not required: Experience with growth engineering, or AB testing
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.