Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We're looking for a passionate and analytically minded professional to join the Strategic Finance team. Strategic Finance is responsible for driving company strategy, empowering executive decision making, and guiding the company towards achieving its goals. This high impact, highly visible role sits on the Corporate Forecasting and Analytics group, a scrappy, tight-knit subteam with outsized cross-functional impact and ownership. We help set the company-wide targets, provide forecasts and real time analytics to executives and business leaders, and partner cross functionally to evaluate strategic business and product decisions. The ideal candidate will not only have superb technical skills but also strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and present to all levels of the organization.
What you'll do
- Become end-to-end financial specialist on Affirm’s core lending business; understand historical company performance and predict future outcomes, develop top-line strategy, set financial targets, build forecasting models and maintain analytics dashboards
- Partner with heads of Client Success, Sales and Marketing to drive business outcomes through strategic and analytic support
- Develop automated user, merchant and financial forecasts and analytics dashboards
- Evaluate, communicate and recommend solutions to optimize growth in users, volume, revenue and unit economics
- Analyze and report realized financial performance to Executives and other company leaders
- Join a scrappy, tight-knit team with outsized cross-functional impact and ownership
What we look for
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- Strong sense of ownership, intellectual curiosity and an ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent communicators who seek out the opportunity - and accountability - that comes with being front and center with company executives
- High attention to detail but an equally important ability to see the big picture and evaluate analyses with strategic business context
- 2+ years experience in analytically-driven roles (analytics, data science, consulting, finance, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and Python or R; including:
- Experience writing clean, computationally efficient code involving ETL processes, data manipulation, and standard analysis packages (e.g., SciPy, NumPy, Pandas)
- Comfort with production level IDEs (e.g., Visual Studio, PyCharm), interactive IDEs (e.g., Spyder, Jupyter), and Version Control (e.g., git)
- Excel modeling experience preferred (you should be prepared for a financial model case study)
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.