Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
BE APART OF THE AFFIRM FAMILY!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Consumer Credit Decisioning team, responsible for building backend systems that drive consumer credit and pricing decisions in all of Affirm’s products. The team partners closely with Product, Credit, and other engineering teams to deliver honest and transparent financial products that help consumers make their purchasing decisions. As we scale the company to be a cornerstone of all e-commerce and offline retail, it is an exciting time to join the team which sits at the core of this mission!
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers to design, maintain, and evolve existing architecture that grows the business and unlocks new product initiatives.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, technical specification, cross-functional alignment, task breakdown, and delivery.
- Proactively raise any issues or improvement opportunities in our product, technology, or business processes and contribute ideas to deliver them.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure the delivery of reliable, scalable, and performant technical solutions
- Build teams by mentoring other engineers, informing and influencing hiring decisions, and building an inclusive team environment
- Provide input into planning our product, codebase, infrastructure, team goals, and roadmap.
What We Look For
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities
- 3-7+ years of software engineering industry experience.
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Strong System Design experience
- Experience reviewing tech specs
- Experience building API's/Microservices
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better
- Prior experience building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- A leader, team builder, and mentor
- Fintech background preferred
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.