Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The vision for the Data@ Affirm team is to enable a culture that empowers everyone by the use of actionable, reliable, and readily available data when building a product or making a decision. Our team is responsible for frameworks for all things data including the OLAP storage, data replication, macro-batch processing, stream processing, data modeling, data exploration, data visualization, etc. Affirm is growing rapidly and so is the need for reliable and high availability frameworks. If solving infrastructure challenges at scale excites you, come join us!
What you’ll do
- Design and build data infrastructure systems, services and tools to handle new Affirm products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of users and their transactions.
- Build frameworks and services which will be used by other engineering teams at Affirm to manage billions of dollars in loans and power customer experiences.
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of our core systems.
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering and analytics teams to identify and execute on new opportunities in data infrastructure.
What we look for
- Experience building and owning large-scale, geographically distributed backend systems.
- Skilled at developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
- Working knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience building scalable data processing systems using MapReduce and Spark.
- Knowledge of Python/Kotlin or the ability to learn them quickly.
- Experience with (or want to learn about) operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, concurrency frameworks.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers.
- Eager to learn new things and have a growth mindset.
- Experience working in the data infrastructure domain is a plus.
- Working knowledge of OLAP systems like Snowflake or Redshift is a plus.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.