Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Training team sits within our Operational Excellence space and is responsible for developing and facilitating training. In addition, the training team utilizes their subject matter expertise to assist in cross-functional projects. As a key member of our Training team, you will be responsible for developing materials and facilitating training across our Customer Care and Operations teams both internally as well as our outsourced vendor partners located across the U.S. and International locations.
The Risk Operations (RO) team is responsible for accurately assessing and effectively managing all risks associated with Affirm’s business objectives and activities; areas of review include identity verification, unauthorized activity claims, compliance regulation adherence and fraud trend research. The training experience includes onboarding of new employees, building knowledge in our procedures and product experience, educating on key regulations, compliance and soft skills by utilizing various learning mediums and methods. In addition, the Training Specialist will support learning program initiatives and projects; the training team also works cooperatively with internal and external partners to provide feedback and identify potential areas of opportunity. The training team has the critical role of continuously improving the knowledge of Affirm’s risk-mitigating teams and is directly responsible for how these teams learn, retain, and access information.
What you'll do
- Create and maintain training curriculum, including onboarding and refresher training on product and tool knowledge, operational processes, talking points and compliance requirements for both online and Instructor led courses
- Manage the classroom experience and facilitate training virtually as well as in person (once safe to do so).
- Stay current and possess above average understanding of Affirm's processes, procedures and policies
- Create procedures, QA guidelines and training programs to support onboarding, training and development of Risk Operations teams
- Collaborate with internal teams to design and optimize alerts to increase detection of suspicious transactions and improve transaction monitoring within Risk Operations
- Maintain knowledge of upcoming industry risks, regulatory changes, emerging risks and trends to pivot rapidly
- Partner with the quality assurance team to understand key opportunities with agent performance and work with leadership team to create plans to close gaps in agent knowledge and performance
- Partner with Instructional Design to ensure instructional materials meet company standards and learner needs
- Manage facets of a Learning Management System (LMS), such as course assignments and completion records
What we look for
- 2+ years of practical work experience in analytics or fraud risk management, preferably in a fintech or ecommerce environment
- 3+ years of progressive experience in training facilitation and instructional design
- Prior experience working in the financial services, fintech space or complex operational or customer support role a plus
- Strong understanding of training principles, tools and best practices with experience in learning and knowledge management systems
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive thinking, constantly seeking improvement opportunities in work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including training content development and presentations
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with constant change and a rapidly growing team
- Willing to travel up to 25% (once it is safe to resume travel)
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.