Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a hardworking and driven individual to join our Corporate Development team. The candidate will have a passion for technology, innovation and the FinTech ecosystem. You have a track record of successfully owning Corp Dev projects with measurable impact from conceptualization to close. You are comfortable prioritizing multiple – and opposing – projects at the same time, adjusting your priorities on the fly. You know when to sweat the details and when to back off and look at the bigger picture. Long-term, impact is what motivates you, so you are always thinking about how to move things along.
You will help drive Affirm’s corporate development strategy and execution and have a significant impact on the company and its future. You will own M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives end-to-end, developing insightful analyses and communicating clearly and compellingly. You will work closely with the members of our leadership team, who rely on you to make smart recommendations and to lead change.
What you'll do
- Own the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives, including opportunity assessment, business case development, valuation and financial modeling, leading due diligence processes, deal negotiation and integration planning
- Source, research, and recommend potential M&A and strategic opportunities
- Frame questions, analysis and meaningful and unbiased decision points for executives / partners to make informed, efficient decisions
- Build repeatable processes and standard methodologies
- Be a subject matter expert on our industry, adjacent spaces and relevant other companies
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams and leadership to evaluate and execute opportunities
What we look for
- 10+ years of experience with a combination of top-tier technology, investment banking, and management consulting roles
- Must have 3+ years prior experience with driving buy-side M&A transactions end-to-end in a previous corporate development role at a technology company
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a practical, quantifiable and structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to perform rigorous financial, valuation, and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Ability to context switch and ramp up quickly on new topics
- Attentive to details and highly organized, with strong independent planning and process management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work across all organizational levels
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.