Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Compliance team manages the company’s compliance management system and takes appropriate action to address compliance issues and risks. Specific activities include assessing compliance risks, executing monitoring and testing, performing marketing compliance reviews and reporting and analyzing regulatory complaints.
The Financial Crimes team has laid the groundwork for the AML/OFAC/Sanctions program. We’re seeking a Senior Director, Financial Crimes to lead Affirm’s BSA/AML/Sanctions Program to ensure our products and customers are fully compliant with BSA, Patriot Act, OFAC and other applicable financial crimes requirements. In this role, you will develop and continue to build the BSA/AML program to keep pace with the growth of the company and will work cross- functionally with various teams, including Operations, Fraud, Product and Legal. A remote-first role based out of the San Francisco HQ, you’ll report to the VP, Consumer Compliance,
What You'll Do
- Lead and execute a risk-based Financial Crimes Program to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Develop an AML strategy for the future expansion of Affirm's business
- Implement and enhance processes to identify and report suspicious activity reports. Oversee the filing of suspicious matters reports to regulatory authorities
- Develop key metrics, management reporting and monitoring/testing frameworks and report results to key stakeholders
- Provide advisory guidance to the business to manage emerging and future AML risks
- Support internal and external audits of the Financial Crimes program; participate in Compliance program activities, including risk assessments
- Address regulatory changes that impact the company, as necessary
- In partnership with Engineering, Operations and other stakeholders, lead the implementation of requisite AML technology to further automate and strengthen the control environment
What We Look For
- A self starter that is well organized and efficient, detailed-oriented, works well in teams and cross-functionally, and has expert-level understanding of risk management, regulatory requirements, and AML industry practices
- 15+ years of hands-on and leadership experience in Financial Crimes, BSA/AML, OFAC/Sanctions
- Experience building AML/OFAC/Sanctions programs
- Focus on collaborating and building positive relationships across a multinational organization, tactfully enforce policies, and raise issues to executive management
- Balance multiple priorities, adapt to a constantly changing business environment, work independently, drive projects to completion, and be flexible to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Have the ability to independently analyze complex issues and identify suitable solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization, including executive level
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take ownership of projects
- Teammate mindset, pitching in wherever needed
- A real passion for improving the lives of consumers through Affirm’s products
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.