Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Our Fraud Engineering team’s mission is to protect both consumers and our business by preventing fraud at the point of purchase, uncovering fraud that has occurred, and mitigating its impact.
Are you excited about preventing consumer Identity Theft and Account Takeover? Do you want to help us build our next generation fraud mitigation platform?
Affirm’s Fraud Engineering team is growing and looking for a senior software developer to help keep our customers safe.
What You'll Do
- Work with our Product team to extend our core decisioning service; building new risk and fraud mitigation features
- Build effective tools for our Risk Operations team to help uncover fraud in real time
- Support Data Science by providing them with the signals needed to build effective models
- Integrate third party solutions and data into our loan application to determine applicant risk
- Analyze and debug performance issues across distributed services
What We Look For
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and fluency of a dynamically typed language. We primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and designers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Experienced: Background building real-time distributed web services, fraud detection and risk decisioning systems
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.