Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The trading team is the heartbeat of Affirm's success. We empower finance to generate liquidity (cash) from the loans we lend, which enables our team to offer many multitudes more loans to consumers than we could from our own money. Affirm's business is growing in terms of number of loans offered, types of products available, and countries we operate in. The kinds of financial transactions we need to perform are becoming increasingly sophisticated, and we need your expertise to expand.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to help us continue to evolve our architecture and to scale to meet the rapidly growing business demands.
What you'll do
- Drive the architecture for a fast-paced engineering team
- Build and develop our product to enable finance to manage hundreds of millions of dollars
- Review code, mentor individuals, and grow our culture
- Work collaboratively with finance, product, and other teams across Affirm
What we look for
- Proficient in back-end or full-stack development (we use server-side Python, Spark, Airflow, and Kubernetes+React for front-end)
- Experience building reliable, scalable, and modular systems
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration
- Eagerness to grow teams and individuals as a technical leader
- Anyone involved in technology - there is no preference or requirement for experience in financial technology
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.