Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We already have a number of groundbreaking products that help keep people out of unhealthy debt, but we’re just getting started. We’re on a path to revolutionize how people get credit, spend, and save. If that sounds like a goal that would drive you to do great work, read on!
Our content strategy team is small but growing, so it’s a great time to join! As content designers, we’re vital to the creation of products that solve problems people struggle with every day. It’s not about filling in content on a screen. We work closely with product managers, designers, and researchers—a crack team of professionals who truly understand our value—to design great, innovative products. And we craft content to give them a voice that really connects to our users.
As a content strategist, you’ll have the kind of ownership of a large product area that’s rare at a larger company, and so exciting at Affirm. Since we’re growing fast, this means you’ll be working on a number of projects at once, focusing both on longer-term strategic considerations, and more tactical day-to-day writing. You’ll use your stellar writing skills to shape product experiences and write content that is useful, simple, and smart. You’ll also work with other writers to fine-tune what it means to sound and write like Affirm, develop a suite of UX writing style guides, and more. If you’re into story, that’s great, because we’re also looking at how we create an overall narrative across all our products, as a way to engage our users and strengthen our relationship with them.
It’s a dream job for a UX pro who really gets the synergy between content and design. You’ll get to dig into interesting UX challenges that touch on an essential, yet sensitive, aspect of everyday life: managing money. It’s emotional, practical, strategic, and tactical all at once.
What you'll do
- Write excellent content for app user interfaces, user communications (like texts and emails), and more.
- Work with PMs, designers, and researchers at all stages of the product development process.
- Work with researchers to help define research projects, suggest questions for research, and use what you learn to improve content.
- Advance brand voice across our products.
- Bring your keen sense of usability to participate in design sprints for new products, helping define flows and features.
- Help write style guides and other writing guidelines.
What we look for
- Great all-around writing skills—you’re a language maven.
- Creativity—there’s a little bit of a classic copywriter in you, and a storyteller.
- 2–3+ years’ UX writing experience, especially for apps.
- A BA or BS in a related field (English, journalism, anthropology, human factors), or equivalent experience.
- Experience with and desire to be heavily involved with user research.
- Experience participating in design sprints, both as an advocate for content and a source of great product ideas.
- Confidence to operate with authority and with minimal oversight.
- Great collaborator.
- Experience with a content-first approach a plus.
Familiarity with localization a plus.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.