Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a passionate innovator to take our Learning & Development team to the next level. In this highly dynamic and visible role you’ll be equal parts program manager, learning experience designer, facilitator, and coach as you hone the skill sets of our L&D team. Collaboration is your middle name; however, you’re still able to roll up your sleeves and be an independent self-starter when needed. It’s on us! You recognize the need to evolve learning experiences for Affimers in a remote first hybrid work environment, and are eager to create a “beyond best practice” next practice L&D strategy. No fine print here. If you're as excited as we are, please READ ON!
What You’ll Do
- Lead and grow our Learning & Development team to ensure we’re providing “the right learning at the right time for the right employee” regardless of where employees are in their careers, or in the organization, or in the world!
- You will be the driving force, while partnering with the Director of Organizational Effectiveness, in crafting Affirm’s learning strategy for new hires, managers, and leaders in addition to broad-stroke learning programming for all employees.
- Quickly scale our manager development program in our remote first hybrid work environment, recognizing people come first. You’ll analyze the current program scope and design, perform an ongoing needs assessment to help guide the evolution, and be the lead curriculum designer and facilitator.
- Partner cross-functionally across the People Team, and ultimately the entire organization to drive future programming and learning opportunities. This includes collaborating with subject matter experts across Affirm in crafting new content and curriculum. You’ll facilitate and/or co-facilitate instructor-led training when appropriate.
- Write communications, plans, and draft other internal content related to employee learning.
- Define, measure, and communicate out the L&D team’s success metrics..
What We Look For
- You've managed and scaled Learning & Development teams that support a growing global workforce for 1000+ employees. And you’ve leveraged learning technologies (including but not limited to a Learning Management System and/or Learning Experience Platform) to help it all scale.
- 8+ years of experience highlighting a combination of learning program management, instructional design, and facilitation.
- You’ve developed and delivered curriculum and learning programs from scratch, have partnered with subject matter specialists to do the same, and coached team members on developing those very same skills.
- A track record of learning program development that delivers business impact and positive ROI for the organization.
- Strong relationship-building skills to work collaboratively with partners across the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, with an appetite for distilling sophisticated information to what matters most. Simpler is better.
- A “how can we make this better?” mentality. You recognize that “perfect” is not an end state, and continually drive for program improvement.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.