Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We seek to turn merchant onboarding into a turnkey service, and to empower merchants to optimize and lead all aspects of their Affirm integration, enabling them to grow their business through a data centric approach.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Engineer to join us and help accomplish that mission. Given the speed at which Affirm’s addressable market is growing, your work will be exciting, and will directly impact Affirm’s bottom line.
What you'll do
- Build, optimize, and scale merchant tooling and onboarding flows. This includes data visualization, analysis, reporting, and REST APIs for accessing and editing loan information.
- Interact with stakeholders from Affirm’s Product, Design, Marketing and Commercial orgs to develop elegant, high quality solutions to build a best-in-class merchant experience.
- Enable experimentation and continuous improvement on the highest traffic library at Affirm.
- Prototype new ideas and iterate towards the best customer experience.
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other frontend developers.
What we look for
- Technical leadership; capable of providing mentorship, multi-functional project execution, technical vision and strategy
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining sophisticated front-end systems.
- Experience working multi-functionally with partners from Product, Design and other Engineering teams.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow, and to navigate the unknown.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.