Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Android team. We are dedicated to building a delightful and performant user experience for our line of honest financial products. Join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services company predicated on honesty and trust.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product, design, analytics and engineering counterparts to plan, refine, implement and maintain features.
- Drives feature definition or supports the Tech Lead with the design and delivery of the project taking into account the resource consumption, cross-feature interactions and operations
- Consistently writes high-quality and testable code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Reviews other’s code and provides constructive feedback.
- Proactively raise improvement opportunities and contribute ideas to address them.
- Conducts technical screens, onsite coding, and culture interviews.
- Asks for and provides help when needed.
What We Look For
- Experience in shipping production Android code.
- Strong intuition around software design and implementation.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in Kotlin or Java.
- Knowledge of the Android ecosystem.
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.