Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're looking for an exceptional team member to join Affirm’s Capital Markets team! Affirm Capital is responsible for structuring, negotiating, and executing a critical part of Affirm’s revenue strategy. As a Capital Markets Sr. Associate, you will build and own a significant portion of the platform’s funding strategy which drives Affirm’s ability to scale its consumer point-of-sale lending business - this is a complex role essential to the functioning of a consumer finance and payments platform. The ideal team member will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Develop a strong understanding of Affirm’s business from a unique perspective and learn how Capital Markets fits into broader corporate initiatives
- Play a meaningful role in developing and executing on Capital Markets strategy, including owning significant components of live transactions
- Own deal processes from start to finish, including structuring, negotiation, documentation, and execution
- Take charge of communication with Engineering, Product, Commercial, and Credit/Risk teams to drive scale for Affirm’s capital platform and funding strategy
- Help build and manage relationships with existing and potential investors
- Given this role will require significant interaction with external stakeholders, including investors, outside counsel, ratings agencies, and investment banks, we are looking for individuals with outstanding communication skills and are adept at conveying the firm’s capital strategy to sophisticated counterparties.
What we look for
- 3+ years in structured finance, fixed-income investing, trading, private equity, consulting, or product/strategy roles.
- Ability to reason through first principles and think outside of the box
- High level of humility and ability to own mistakes
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus, but not required
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Humility and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Clear alignment with Affirm’s core values
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.