Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a company that provides consumer financial products, we work diligently to detect and prevent fraud. As the Director, Fraud Operations, you will play a meaningful leadership role in running the company’s fraud and risk operations team. You will lead all aspects of the structuring of policies, processes and tools that are needed to ensure the prevention, detection and investigation of fraud, suspicious activity, and recovery in a highly regulated environment. You will also use your leadership experience to lead and execute a strategic vision for these impactful teams.
What You'll Do
- Develop short and long term strategies for the fraud operations function to support the consistent and effective identification, assessment, and mitigation of fraud and AML risk.
- Drive a roadmap of initiatives aligned to business and company goals and objectives. This includes demonstrating a data-backed approach in decision-making and handling fraud risk while championing a culture of process excellence and focused utilization of key performance indicators and key risk indicators for continuous improvement of the anti-fraud practices.
- Oversight into the day to day monitoring, reporting and insight generation and managing to our quality standards as well as our critical metrics
- Ensure two-way open communication throughout the organization. This includes keeping your partners informed on strategies and key issue improvements/attributes to prevent, detect, and/or respond to fraud events, address fraud or operational risks associated with new initiatives, or improve the efficiency of existing initiatives
- Drive employee engagement and a high-performance culture within the team, ensuring effective performance management, mentoring, and development of the team, all while crafting an environment where people can excel through accountability, support, and empowerment
- Establish Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and performance indicators against company goals for each team
What We Look For
- 8+ years in a management or leadership position and with previous experience working in the financial services, fintech space or sophisticated fraud operational role
- Previous experience in fraud investigations including AML with a background in operations required
- Experience with case management tooling required
- A strong leader, doer, motivator, and decision-maker with demonstrable ability to work well with people at all levels
- Self-starter with solid sense of urgency and accountability and excellent focus on attention to detail with the capability to work and make decisions in a constantly evolving environment
- Results driven, forward thinking approach with ability to problem-solve complex issues to drive shared goals and outcomes across internal and external teams
- Able to develop and effectively articulate a vision & strategy as well as communicate strategic direction
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data to formulate meaningful insights and compile information in a structured, logical manner
- Always curious and always learning!
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.