Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a Customer Success Director, you will own the account teams for several enterprise merchants to drive usage of the Affirm platform for increased adoption and growth. This position is a high-profile customer-facing role requiring outstanding relationship management and program management skills to guide merchants successfully from deployment to operationalization.
This role reports to our VP of Enterprise Accounts.
What you'll do
- Manage a portfolio of enterprise merchant accounts to foster strategic, long-term business relationships
- Identify the strategic priorities for the portfolio and then prioritize, forecast, and enable execution
- Provide thought leadership and executive escalation with clients to promote key client relationships and growth initiatives
- Drive and measure key performance metrics such as volume trends, upsells, at risk activities, pipeline management, and the overall health of the portfolio
- Oversee commercial discussions, escalations, and strategic decisioning
- Collaborate and strategize with other leaders in the Sales, Product, Credit, and Marketing teams to foster a high performing Sales team and innovate our offerings
- Manage up to 3 client success managers as we scale/grow the business
What we look for
- 12-15+ years of managing complex enterprise organizations
- 2-3 years of managing account teams and individual contributors
- Experience managing broad account portfolios, negotiating commercials, and scaling teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects with a high attention to detail
- Experience in the retail industry, working for or with enterprise-level retailers
- Excellent analytical abilities
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! The majority of our roles can be accomplished anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). While most Affirmers will have the option to choose a remote-first accommodation, our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis. This role requires you to live within reasonable access to a particular office in order to fulfill certain job responsibilities.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here
and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report
We also believe “It’s On Us” to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.