Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is seeking a Senior People Business Partner to support several of our business functions. The ideal candidate will be both strategic and scrappy, with the ability to embody and scale our culture as we continue to grow. This is a full-time role based in San Francisco.
What you'll do
- Act as an advocate and strategic partner to all employees and managers and leaders across Affirm’s business functions (e.g. Product, Risk and Growth Analytics).
- Understand business strategy and provide consultative support to drive key people priorities (assess, present findings/solutions, test, iterate and measure).
- Coach and build manager capability to navigate critical programs including onboarding, performance management, engagement, compensation and organizational development.
- Partner with Talent, People Operations and Compensation to communicate and drive People programs across client groups.
- Build high performing teams through facilitating off-sites, engagement survey action planning, new leader assimilation and team effectiveness exercises.
- Drive diversity, inclusion and culture within client groups by partnering with Affirm’s DEI team, while engaging leaders in high-impact action plans and tracking progress.
- Look for opportunities to develop consistent and equitable solutions that can be scaled across the organization.
- Deeply understand the specific business and talent needs (i.e. headcount, timeline, level, competencies) of the organization to propose and drive new People initiatives that align with those business needs
- Consult with leaders and teams to enhance their team members’ performance and overall organizational effectiveness
What We Look For
- 8+ years in People related roles with 5+ years experience as a People Generalist or similar role.
- Prior experience as a BP a plus
- Demonstrable experience of coaching leaders through performance management and employee relations issues
- Intellectual curiosity about people and organizational issues
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor to executive team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong project management, change management, problem solving and analytical skills
- A doer mentality with the ability to translate vision into action
- Previous experience working in fast-paced environments and helping organizations scale