Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
What you'll do
- Maintain our equity record tracking system ensuring integrity of our records at all times
- Administer Affirm’s equity plans, including Stock Options, Restricted Stock Units, Performance Awards, and Employee Share Purchase Plans; process exercises and RSU releases, cancellations, terminations, and ESPP enrollments and purchases
- Prepare grant files, timely and accurately process new grants (including the delivery of stock agreements) as well as varied transactions with a strong know-how of accounting, legal, and tax implications
- Work closely with our Payroll Team on a regular basis for reporting our equity transactions, such as tax withholding and adjustments for mobile employees and completing reconciliations
- Collaborate with Strategic Finance and People teams on equity forecast and projections
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations of all equity-related transactions, including maintenance of the stock plan reserves
- Support ad-hoc projects as required, such as merger and acquisitions and rolling out new programs
- Collaborate with Legal, Finance, and People teams to prepare and deliver content for employee education, communications, and trainings
- Respond to all executive, employee, investors and other key stakeholders inquiries
- Provide reports as needed for audit, tax, and legal/regulatory filing purposes (including all aspects of financial reporting as it relates to equity plans, i.e. 10Q, 10K, and annual proxy)
- Partner with Legal to manage employee trading plans (10b5-1) and our blackout periods
- Coordinate and support of any SEC reporting under Section 16 to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and Form 3, 4 and 5
- Ongoing process improvements complying with our SOX control requirements
What we look for
- CEP certification (preferred)
- 7+ years of progressive stock administration experience with 3 years in a publicly traded company
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally on equity matters with Legal, Finance, and People teams
- Experience with Equity Accounting and Netsuite a plus
- Experience with employee education and training
- Experience helping a company through the IPO process
- A proven track record of leveraging technology to support growth at scale
- Experience with Carta and other equity management platforms
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, and an ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- The desire to improve broken processes and make your own job easier over time
- Passion for Affirm and a strong interest in technology
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, Word and GSuite
- A passion for equity and helping our employees understand it
- A penchant for discretion
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Check out our remote-first approach to learn more about the new ways we work.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report.
We also believe “It’s On Us” to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.