Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
In the Affirm app, we’re building a one-of-a-kind shopping marketplace - bringing together consumers and merchants with unbeatable offers and honest credit! As our newest business line, we are looking to craft and scale it into an unparalleled e-commerce experience.
The Consumer team at Affirm is looking for an ambitious Senior Manager to lead Marketplace Strategy and Operations and to help build and scale our recently launched and quickly growing business line. Growing the function at Affirm, this role will be responsible for driving ambitious business strategy and scalable operations, making it the best online shopping platform for millions of consumers and merchants. The ideal candidate should have proven success defining data-driven strategy and driving execution, and will be entrepreneurial, creative, and highly collaborative.
What you’ll do:
- Build and lead the Marketplace Strategy & Operations team
- Develop and operationalize the business strategy for Affirm’s Marketplace business line
- Conduct analysis to drive business understanding of our performance and advises our go-to-market approach
- Identify and lead critical initiatives to grow the Marketplace performance and monetization, including merchandising, pricing, demand generation, and GTM planning, collaborating closely with Product, Marketing, Credit, Sales, and Analytics teams
- Build and scale business operations, including app management, merchant onboarding, monitoring, and new feature launches
- Collaborate closely with Consumer Marketing to develop and scale marketing programs to drive merchant engagement and performance
What we look for:
- 7-10 years of experience in business operations, business analytics, management consulting, strategic operations role
- Significant experience and fluency in marketplaces, loyalty, or e-commerce
- Results-oriented and data-driven leader, striking a balance between bias to action and working towards long-term strategy
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to manage/mentor business analysts
- Proven management experience with the ability to indirectly lead and build consensus across diverse teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit to build and scale strategy and operations, with openness to testing and learning
- Proactive leader with ability to seek out new opportunities, drive projects, & navigate ambiguity with grace