Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
What you'll do
- Actively participate in SOX planning activities, including risk assessments and COSO mapping
- Project manage the Company’s SOX compliance efforts and deliverables. Support SOX program lead in achieving goals and target set for the team
- Independently conduct process understanding and walkthrough meetings with control owners
- Articulate key risk in business processes, assess control design and advise business owners on control improvements over financial reporting
- Prepare clear and organized audit work papers and ensure relevant control activities are evaluated to assess operating effectiveness of controls across critical cycles
- Interface with external auditors and IT Compliance on overall SOX program timelines, deliverables, knowledge transfer and resolving control related matters
- Manage timelines, deliverables and reporting through internal audit automated tool
- Evaluate processes and controls impact due to new system implementation and business changes globally
- Formulate appropriate conclusions regarding the adequacy of internal controls, evaluate control deficiencies and propose remediation action to owners for effective resolution
- Provide support for ongoing operational audits and lead discussion on control enhancements based on risk mitigation strategy and weaknesses identified. Prepare comprehensive audit reports and focus on providing insightful and value-added recommendations to stakeholders
What we look for
- 5+ years’ experience in assurance/advisory role or SOX compliance testing
- Preferred experience in financial and operational audit with in-depth knowledge of critical business and accounting processes
- Work experience in Big 4 (assurance or advisory) for at least +4 years and of exceptional ability or experience working in the accounting, audit or compliance departments of a large public company, preferably with SOX compliance responsibility
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation preferred
- Knowledge of financial internal control framework and application along with deep understanding of key business and IT processes
- Knowledge of ERP system-based control design and optimization
- Strong interpersonal skills and understanding of corporate accounting processes and technical matters
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to all levels of staff
- Advanced skills for use in data analysis, reporting, and data management
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with minimum supervision as well as supervise work of other team members
- A maintained knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices are always considered
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report.