Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
What you'll do
- This role reports to Senior Director of Internal Controls
- Develop company-wide and business process-specific risk assessments to evaluate and address any impact the results may have on the control environment
- Assist in the design and implementation of efficient and effective controls across the organization
- Implement documentation including process flowcharts, process narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement and implementation
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions
- Actively participate in decision making with process owners, provide meaningful insights, and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Ensure clear, concise, actionable and practical observations and recommendations, with a well-documented process for communication and clearance
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with process owners, by providing high quality deliverables and communications, providing them tools and templates that can help them better achieve their process objectives
- Conducting periodic meetings/walkthroughs with process owners to ensure any changes to process are updated and properly assessed for control gaps.
- Supporting process owners through training, reviewing, and providing guidance for their processes.
- Staying current to changes in regulatory guidance, industry best practices, and areas of focus/hot topics for external audits
- Actively building and managing relationships with Company stakeholders, while promoting the importance of compliance initiatives throughout the organization
- Facilitate requests between the control owners and the external audit team
- Assist in adhoc projects as they arise
What we look for
- An appropriate certification in accounting and/or auditing is mandatory, including a CPA, CIA, CISA and/or PMP (any)
- Demonstrated experience, skills and knowledge with IIA Professional Practices and Standards
- A minimum 7+ years of experience in a senior internal audit role; Experience with similar internal audit roles in large organizations or with Big 4 audit firms highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- A maintained knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices are always considered
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report.