Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Platform to lead during an exciting time of growth and expansion at Affirm! You will guide and mentor a growing team that supports the foundation of our global diverse workforce and help scale the business while promoting our core values and using data driven insights.
This is a highly dynamic role that requires you to quickly jump from your creative to analytical brain while maintaining poise and accountability. You will develop strategies while implementing programs that encourage, empower, connect and develop our employees. Because of the inevitable evolution of the future of work due to our current climate, you will serve as a key decision maker and strategist for our remote-first work model as we scale. You will move quickly as a builder and a do’er, proactively partnering with stakeholders to ensure overall systems efficiency and program effectiveness.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of the business - our key metrics, drivers for growth and our 3 year strategy so you can develop and support that 3 year vision
- Define and drive strategic goals and all aspects of the Platform function including people platform (people systems, operations and reporting), talent platform (recruiting operations) and platform programs (global mobility, remote first work model and immigration)
- Implement and iterate on People systems and processes to support a workforce that will scale globally to over 1,000 employees in the next year
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the senior People leadership team and develop strong, proactive collaborative working relationships across the organization
- Be a key team-building leader and people manager that the team looks to for mentorship on a range of personal and professional challenges
- Establish scalable solutions empowering our People Business Partners to efficiently support their partner teams
What We Look For
- 12+ years of building and leading people operations, with recent specific experience in People tools, systems, process efficiency and reporting
- 6+ years of management experience; a natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens and can build rapport with a diverse workforce
- Self-directed leader with prior experience building the People function at a rapidly scaling company
- Energized by feedback and encourages team to constantly test and iterate toward success
- Projects stability and confidence through times of phenomenal challenge and periods of immense change
- Provide a data driven approach to program creation from start to finish
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track record to craft and implement people strategy that drives business results
- Intellect and pragmatism to be able to handle ambiguity and manage change; a natural tendency toward discreteness
- Effective communicator with the ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback
- Strong service orientation with dedication to providing excellent employee experience
- Up-level usage of internal tools by maintaining our vendor relationships, while also bringing forth new tools to utilize to help improve our People processes
- Experience supporting both exempt and non-exempt workforces
- Deep knowledge of legal and employment compliance matters as they relate to internal audit and controls, employee related policies and procedures and SOC reporting
- Proficiency with Google Apps; UltiPro, Workday and Greenhouse helpful
- Public company experience is a plus
- Always curious and always learning!