Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The People Platform team builds and maintains the foundation for which all people and programs run on through tools, technology, data, policies and procedures. We partner with Global Mobility, Compensation, Benefits, People Business Partners, Talent, Payroll, Accounting, Finance, all levels of management across the business, and our employees. Our charter is to enable Affirmers to do their best work with as little friction as possible.
The People Platform Lead will streamline People processes, remove operational roadblocks, identify strategies and behaviors that enhance the experience for employees, managers and stakeholders. In this role, you will identify and implement process improvements designed to scale that will optimize, evolve operations and resolve convoluted or complex challenges.
You'll also evaluate tools and processes to ensure best practices are in place to provide a seamless experience and quality support to employees, managers and the People team. You’ll solve to make standard processes more efficient and build a proper foundation as we scale. You will also ensure there’s a consistent cross-functional partner looking holistically at how process changes are being implemented and affecting the recruiter workflow/productivity which will help increase collaboration between the People and Finance teams. The goal is to ensure that the People team has proper resources and training for tools needed to operate efficiently within their roles. Ultimately, this role enables the overall success of our team’s performance and drives a best in class employee experience.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the People team to ensure new processes receive the proper consultation and implementation
- Maintain and develop standard People processes and iterate on process as we scale
- Actively participate in assessment, discussion, implementation and optimization of new and existing People tools such as UltiPro, Sora, HireRight and Truework
- Manage vendor relationships, researching new tools and maintaining current tools
- Partner with People stakeholders to build creative processes and solutions that scale with a focus on operational efficiency driven from their data inputs
- Design and rollout training materials for People Business Partners and managers
- Create and maintain documentation of People processes and procedures
- Identify operational opportunities and lead the rollout of new processes and features
- Communicate process updates and own any change management
- Contribute to more disciplined people operations by developing and executing workflows for launching new initiatives
What We Look For
- 6+ years of People Operations Experience
- 3+ years of hands-on HRIS/HCM configuration and maintenance experience including Core, Onboarding, Benefits, Time, Absence, domestic and international (UltiPro and/or Workday a plus)
- Creative and innovative team player with a focus on business issues
- Analytical mindset with demonstrated ability to work through complex, ambiguous problems using data and creating configuration solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets (expert in various functions such as vlookups, index functions, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to thrive and apply sound judgment in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs
- Ability to articulate complex processes and legalese into digestible language
- Handle and resolve escalations and exceptions by facilitating stakeholder discussions that balance business needs, employee experience, and risk
- Ability to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! The majority of our roles can be accomplished anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). While most Affirmers will have the option to choose a remote-first accommodation, our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis. This role requires you to live within reasonable access to a particular office in order to fulfill certain job responsibilities.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.