Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for someone to lead our Organizational Effectiveness efforts (OE), including our Learning & Development, Employee Engagement, and Performance Management functions.
This highly dynamic role will require you to move from big picture thinking to design to the operational delivery of creative people programs that balance our business needs and the employee experience. You will draw on your deep experience to continuously evaluate our organizational strategy, culture, leadership capabilities, structures, and processes to ensure that we are developing systems that foster high-performance teams here at Affirm.
What You'll Do
- Support Affirm business priorities, operational goals, values, and culture by leading the design and development of Affirm’s OE programs, including all learning & development programs, performance management processes, and our employee engagement efforts.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders across the People, Finance, Legal teams as well as Business leadership to understand their needs, solve business challenges, provide thought leadership, and ensure successful deployment of key people programs.
- Counsel and advise leadership and managers by providing technical and strategic expertise.
- Lead, manage and streamline all elements of our OE programs and roadmap
- Oversee internal audits, analysis and reporting to ensure that all OE programs are administered in compliance with company policies, maximize workforce productivity/efficiency, and ensure consistent treatment across different demographic groups.
- Participate in the development of OE communications information to ensure that leaders and employees have the right level of knowledge (including training across key stakeholder groups and employees); ensure communications are well planned and implemented in such a way that the necessary behaviors are supported.
- Build and develop an OE team that is productive, engaged and thriving in their careers (4+ team members and growing)
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of OE tools and systems.
- Partner closely with Sr. Director, People to whom this position reports.
What We Look For
- 10+ years leading a high performing team in a high growth environment.
- Progressive Organizational Effectiveness management with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, consulting, designing, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions.
- Advanced consulting and relationship management skills, able to quickly gain credibility and influence senior leaders
- Advanced written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep subject matter expertise, including trends, thought leadership and practical hands-on administration.
- Proven experience partnering and collaborating well with People, Finance, and Legal executives.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively through philosophy through execution / operations.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others to reach their full potential.
- Excellent business acumen and judgement; strong team orientation with collaborative style; able to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information.
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.