Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
This person is charged with crafting and refining the overarching business process and operations landscape for the company to optimize value creation across all business lines. This team works with all teams at Affirm to drive and enable business growth. They must also partner with senior leaders, including the Executive Committee and an array of internal partners, to optimize processes and operations for scale, growth, and efficiency. This team reports via the team lead, directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
This person will develop, implement, and maintain programs and processes that support our company strategy! Additionally, they will help drive prioritization, provide visibility across programs, and set program and project management standards. This person must understand how to apply project management tenets and tools to optimize the planning and implementation of strategic projects and initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires a strategic problem-solver who is an effective influencer who also has a high degree of business insight. They need to deeply understand Affirm’s business and rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization. The ideal candidate has a combination of strategy, operations, and technology experience, and is able to thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment. This role will work across various initiatives requiring a broad mix of work - some more strategic/early stage and some more operational/later stage.
What you’ll do
- Drive strategy by analyzing the current state of program and project management within Affirm and crafting a roadmap to roll out critical project management tools and processes to address immediate gaps company-wide
- Contribute to business process standardization via best practice by sharing insights with business unit counterparts and positively contributing to a culture of standardization
- Support and interact with executive leadership and key partners within the business in developing business process strategies, including long-term goals and objectives, risk management, and facilitate cross-functional team collaboration
- Support the planning process across various business projects and be a trusted and critical adviser to the business’s executive team and relevant partners during strategy formulation, development, and execution
- Program manage sophisticated, cross-functional initiatives and launches (i.e., set process, deadlines, results) end-to-end
- Develop positive relationships with key partners across the company, including engineering, product, finance, and revenue
- Run cross-functional team meetings efficiently and optimally, with the ability to connect dots and influence key decisions
What we look for
- 5+ years of work experience in management consulting, sales analytics, sales operations, or strategy and operations at a technology company (or similar).
- BA/BS in a relevant field (Operations Management and Systems Engineering is a plus).
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively (PMP certification is a plus).
- Experience in applying operational processes efficiency frameworks such as Lean Management, Six Sigma, and other operational efficiency tools.
- Practical working experience in growth strategy implementation, strategic planning, complex financial analysis.
- Proven abilities to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Effective and mature communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions.
- Experience in building positive relationships and influencing others (incl. executive audiences).
- Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.