Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Capital Engineering team is responsible for building systems central to financial activity at Affirm. We are passionate about building robust, fault tolerant and highly scalable systems which enable us to be on-time and precisely accurate in every financial interaction we have.
Under the larger umbrella of Capital Engineering, the Treasury Engineering team partners with the Treasury Business team to optimize the money movements and cash allocation for the organization. Our role covers both the daily cash operations of the organization and long term capital forecast.
The Treasury Engineering team is working on the next generation of ALM and Forecast models for our treasury business. This is a central team to the operations of Affirm and has long term strategic value to the organization. We partner with broader Capital Markets teams like Trading and Funding to build out a cash visibility platform for the business.
What you'll do
- Automate workflows to support our Treasury business team
- Integrate with forecast models to develop the next generation ALM system
- Analyze/debug performance issues across distributed services
- Plan, design, and build our core platform software and systems to scale with an increasing number of users, features, business requirements, partners, and new engineers
- Collaborate with our Capital Markets, Legal, and Compliance and other Financial engineering teams
What we look for
- Interest or Exposure to building Treasury/Capital Markets/ALM/Risk systems
- Solid CS fundamentals and fluency of a dynamically typed language. We primarily use Kotlin and Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and designers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Experienced: Background building real-time distributed web services, developing systems in web application frameworks and implementing highly available data storage