Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join the Merchant Pricing team. Merchant Pricing is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions and building best practices.
In this role, you will help Affirm scale up its merchant base and achieve profitability targets while managing risk and will collaborate with Credit, Product, Engineering, Applied Machine Learning, Commercial, Finance and Capital Markets teams! The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills with solid knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
What you'll do
- Develop automation tools and models to streamline merchant pricing process
- Develop analytical capabilities to enable pricing optimization at various levels of aggregation addressing needs for both Affirm and external clients
- Develop a robust pricing optimization and monitoring infrastructure; and leverage this infrastructure, to assess, define, and scale pricing opportunities for different verticals
- Assist in merchant pricing policy development, new product formation and new markets exploration
- Conduct quantitative pricing and risk analyses on Affirm's loan portfolio
- Develop portfolio management monitoring dashboards
- Maintain a strong understanding of our evolving data warehouse
- Build cross-functional relationships and partner with various teams to enable efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers
What we look for
- 6+ years of experience in an analytically-driven role
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools - SQL and Python are required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Credit or Capital Markets experience is required
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work across all organizational levels!
- Experience in producing BI reports, such as Looker and Tableau is a plus